We have been serving the people of PNG for over 60 years! However, CRMF began in Australia in 1946 with Claude D’Evelynes, Syd McLeod-Jones and Bob Harnell. They began by producing portable Short Wave radios for missionaries travelling to remote places. In the early 1950’s it was clear that PNG needed good reliable communication for remote villages and airstrips. And so CRMF began operations in Rugli in the Western Highlands. They made their own hydro-electric power station and set up a radio communications network that stretched across PNG. Even at this early stage CRMF worked closely with MAF. The team of CRMF technicians maintained and installed radios in remote villages around PNG as well as helping missionaries with many and varied technical problems.
In 1993 CRMF moved their base to Goroka in the Eastern Highlands Province. In 2001 we opened our custom built workshop. Since then CRMF’s ministry has continued to grow and expand. In 2010, we created a new ministry that went under the name Learning Technologies. This ministry was formed to partner with existing ministries in PNG to bring biblical training and resources to remote communities through the use of various new technologies. May 2010, CRMF officially joined with MAFI. This has made our organization a truly global mission. For over 60 years God has been faithful to our ministry and now we look toward the future with excitement and anticipation to see how we can continue to serve Him in PNG.